Imma Just Go Cry Over There Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just realized it is automotive tax season - as my insurance policy renewals and vehicle registrations came due.

About $3100 for the year.

$360 for stickers on three of the four;
$1222 for Hagerty on the Wagon and MCSS (a huge jump from last year - guess who is getting a call?); and
$1500ish for the Mrs. and I on the other two.

At least we don't need any emissions tests this year (even though I accidentally paid for one back in Dec 17). FML and this hobby... sometimes. ;)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have to get my stickers too for the GP and Jeep but my insurance is a monthly affair....

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
no etest ? I tested last year and figured no test this year but was informed its now a yearly thing. Took it to the local testing centre and it's free ( they get to bill the gov't $36 ). Heavy truck still needs the etest and I still have to pay. It was nice this year with the historic plates on the Monte to only pay $10

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no etest ? I tested last year and figured no test this year but was informed its now a yearly thing. Took it to the local testing centre and it's free ( they get to bill the gov't $36 ).

the gov has no money, they takes ours to redistribute. Ever wonder why the stickers go up every year and we pay $20 tax on each case of 24?. Saskatchewan is the only province where you buy a sticker for your car only when you buy it, no annual sticker after that.

Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Mine is $37 pass or fail. Due next month. But I do like Hagerty for insurance. They agreed-value my Bonnewagon at $5,000 where Travelers considers it a 35 year old POS with no value at all and wants 3 times the money.

Reactions: 2 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Wow on the Hagerty!!! I pay $239 a year for an appraised car of $24,500 an when l added the Elcamino($10,000 to $10,500) it was only $40 more a year. I got a quote to added the Olds ($8500)an it was another $40 per year.

But in order to get that price l need a daily driver(Suburban) $547 a year put just basic. I'm also the sole driver.

Maybe it's your area? I know they want to know the mileage l drive a year per vehicle, which l always say under 1000kms but l don't even put 100kms on the classics a year.

Reactions: 2 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Well , Happy Birthday Mike & Steve !

It's an Ontario thing , a gift the government hands you on your special day.

i did basically the same thing in July...... 2 emission tests ( free...no your tax dollars covered that ) , 3 stickers ( $360 ) the year's insurance for the Camry , the truck & the Cutlass ($3,200 ) .
but soon in Ontario the emission test will be dropped , for all.

oh no , look at today's mail ....house insurance & the 407 toll road bill. Well it's Kraft Dinner till the pay cheque......again.

take home pay ....because you are embarrassed to take it anywhere else

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The wagon was appraised really high (especially for what it is) - but, to replace it or rebuild it? Well it makes sense.

Thankfully my 40th birthday is still a few months away. ;)

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
no etest ? I tested last year and figured no test this year but was informed its now a yearly thing. Took it to the local testing centre and it's free ( they get to bill the gov't $36 ). Heavy truck still needs the etest and I still have to pay. It was nice this year with the historic plates on the Monte to only pay $10

No idea - about the e-test.

For the amount I drive the wagon it is fair value for money... it used to be great value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor