In need of a antenna adapter where did you get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
hi, I am having a hard time trying to locate a antenna adapter for my 80 Malibu. I just installed a Pioneer radio and of course the antenna didnt fit. I tried looking on the net and all I find is for cars 88 and up any help is appreciated thanks.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Reactions: 1 user

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
Yes I did and they said they don't carry anything for that year... I wonder what is the differences between years..

Rotech

Greasemonkey
Apr 3, 2016
^^^ That's the one, I couldn't remember what it was called. Look for "motorola" antenna adapters, that's the technical term for the coaxial barrel style on the old radios. I thought it was still in wide use(!)
So it's the Motorola adapters the ones to look for? Have you used them?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
what's the back of your new deck look like? The motorola is a pretty universal connector. Is it just a little loose or completely incompatible?

• Agree

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I didn't think GM started using the mini connectors until after G production had stopped (1989 or so). One would think I would remember considering that's what I did for money back then, but let's just say I was having a lot of fun.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
99.99% of aftermarket radios are the standard Motorola plug. Now, Pioneer did/does make a 1.5 DIN GM radio that MAY have the mini plug, but I doubt it.
The only other scenario I can think of would be that the OP is confusing the windshield antenna plug for the actual antenna (original antenna windshield replaced and the plug fell down into the radio cavity- seen it before)

If you indeed have the mini, you would need the Metra 40-GM10.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor