Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Now I almost have to laugh because that looks about like the first Monte that I drove out of a farmer's drive and into my history books. Most ironic thing here is that I have, stashed into various bins and shelves and boxes, just about everything one would need to put that parts heap back on the road, providing that the frame and cabin mounts are intact and straight. it would all be Carmine Red, but hey. Biggest hassle would be getting it all packaged up and shipped over the border if it were in the states but the addy says Saskatchewan which is only about 700 miles or so from me. Even have the factory wiring harness, mostly intact and unmolested. Hey Showtime, know of anyone up here in the land of the frozen chosen who is looking for a stash of parts for their second generation g-body project??

Nick

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Now I almost have to laugh because that looks about like the first Monte that I drove out of a farmer's drive and into my history books. Most ironic thing here is that I have, stashed into various bins and shelves and boxes, just about everything one would need to put that parts heap back on the road, providing that the frame and cabin mounts are intact and straight. it would all be Carmine Red, but hey. Biggest hassle would be getting it all packaged up and shipped over the border if it were in the states but the addy says Saskatchewan which is only about 700 miles or so from me. Even have the factory wiring harness, mostly intact and unmolested. Hey Showtime, know of anyone up here in the land of the frozen chosen who is looking for a stash of parts for their second generation g-body project??

Nick

Sorry Nik just seeing this now. I know of one fellow out here working on one. Not sure what all he might need however.

Kevin

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Not a problem. If you do happen to meet up with that 78 project owner you mentioned, maybe get a list of what he might need for his project and run it by me. I know I have doors for it for sure. Right now they are packed up in a 6 foot tall wooden bodied refrigerator crate that I built especially for them. Hermetically sealed it using RTV sealer and parked it out by the greenhouse. Sucker weights about 400 lbs. Have a wiring harness from the firewall both forward and aft of it. Have a 78 rear end although it is a peg-leg open diff. Have the front suspension bits although may elect to keep them as they match my 85 and can be rebushed and built. Have the chrome trim and buckets for the headlights, have tail lights although would have to check them for damage, have the license lights somewhere. Know I have the front bench seat with the original upholstery on it but that is something of a keepsake for me, plus which it is also the current resting place for my new headlight buckets and fascia for the 85. Interior stuff for the doors is with them.

. Again I am completely unsure of how well those doors have survived over the last 15-20 years. The box still seems solid and it was screwed and glued together; I built it using 2x4's and plywood. The windows and related hardware are also around; probably up on the mezzanine floor in a bin or rack. Don't get up there much because it takes a ladder and just getting that set up is an exercise with the lack of free space. Gonna have to do it this spring just to re-inventory and sort what is up there. I do have the rubber bumper covers and may even have the aluminum bumper sections as well. Know I have the complete lower front and rear fascia assemblies; they are on the roof of the goat locker and I pass by that every day when I enter the shop; the front upper is around too. Possibly have the steering wheel and mast although might not be keyed.

No rad cradle. The one that came in it had rust issues and I harvested one from a 78 Cutlass, kept it when I tossed the remains of the 78 Monte and plugged it into my 85 'cause that proved to be going to rust as well.

Kevin, this stuff is just taking up space. In all fairness it all could be used by builder who was willing to put the sweat equity into it to reclaim it. None of it is pristine or NOS. Basically it is all what I elected to hold onto when the time came to send my 78 to the crusher. And for those who just gasped in shock, weep not, that car was done. The only thing holding the cabin to the frame was the mounting bolts that supported the radiator cradle. The body was more a combination of rust held together by panel bonder in massive amounts that got augmented by more and more each year after a winter of salt and cold corrupted more and more of what was left, than it was actual metal. Then I did not have the heavy tools or the shop in which to take on a project of that degree. Even with what I know and have available to me now, The probability that I would still harvest it and send the rest to rust in peace would approach 100%. Cars can be like people, some you just know have reached their end and just want to be allowed to go in peace; for my Monte, it was that time. "Rest in peace, thou good and faithful servant, thy work is done."

Might be a bit but I can post pics of the major bits if necessary. Whoever comes for it all would likely need a trailer; not the weight, just the volume. Price?? Well, whatya got that I might need in trade? Muncie parts are always accepted. Still looking for a floor mounted autostick shifter assembly for an 85 Monte for other reasons. Lemme know.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor