In search of tailight socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I am looking for a tailight socket for the monte carlo. I found none that looks correct except had the wrong color wire. I need the wires to be green not yellow. Obviously it will still function the same but I really like keeping the factory colors correct. Here's the link to the one with yellow wires.

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
I have some factory pigtails.

What year is you monte? Do you need a brake/turn signal socket or reverse light socket?

Just so you know that's NOT what the sockets look like on 81-88 montes for the brake/turn

Let me know and I'll get you some pics

.... edit.... Ok it looks like you know this is the wrong type socket you linked

I'll get you some pics of the correct ones I have

Reactions: 1 user

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
Which one would you like? All are good working condition, still covered in the oem grease and gasket just with varying wire lengths.

Shoot me a PM

IMG953181~2.jpg
IMG953182~2.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
Streetmachine I appreciate the offer but for some reason mine are different, that really surprised me. Here's a pic. The problem with it is corrosion followed the factory crimp in the harness ( total junk) all the way up the wire. I kept cutting the wire back more and more and all I found was black wire

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_193228.jpg
    IMG_20201008_193228.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 104

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you want to keep it looking stock I would try to find a good rear lights harness..

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
My car is a 1984

You know you've got me thinking the other side might have the flatter style connectors that you posted, I'm going to have to check. I have a junkyard 5 minutes from my house that might have what I need and need to go there anyway. I'm guessing there will be as much corrosion as mine. I'll post my findings of those connectors if it was ever swapped for the original you would never know the difference, all the wires ran back to factory splices and are the correct colors and had the factory black tape wrapped around everything. I'm really curious

83StreetMachine

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2011
Central NJ
The ones I posted are the factory style sockets on all 81-88 montes. Someone has changed them in your car's past. I'm 100% certain of that.

If you don't find what you need locally, PM me. I know I have a few monte harnesses or plenty of oem pigtails/sockets

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My car is a 1984

You know you've got me thinking the other side might have the flatter style connectors that you posted, I'm going to have to check. I have a junkyard 5 minutes from my house that might have what I need and need to go there anyway. I'm guessing there will be as much corrosion as mine. I'll post my findings of those connectors if it was ever swapped for the original you would never know the difference, all the wires ran back to factory splices and are the correct colors and had the factory black tape wrapped around everything. I'm really curious

why spend your time at a scrap yard when you can sit and click and get one from another member.....personally I would rather give one of you guys my money instead of a wrecking yard....... :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor