In the Name of All Things sacred and Holy...WTF???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
carmangary said:
I Google the name of the shop that is written on the side of the car and it said Warren, Ohio.

Oh, crap...mean's I'll probably end up seeing this abortion on an MG parts run... a buddy of mine sell parts in Warren.

i dont understand why people take nice cars like the gbodies and place gian rims on them, i mean anything above 18 inch on a gbody would be over kill. i wouldnt do it.

i bet if it were a t type or GN that guy wouldve gotten so much S#!T from people for mesing that car up.

jay_GM said:
i dont understand why people take nice cars like the gbodies and place gian rims on them, i mean anything above 18 inch on a gbody would be over kill. i wouldnt do it.

i bet if it were a t type or GN that guy wouldve gotten so much S#!T from people for mesing that car up.

At the rate these are getting DONK'd, a nice Cutlass will be about as rare as a T-Type or GN within the next few years...

Excuse me for stereotyping, but the g bodies are very popular among hispanics and african americans. Hence the donk rims. Never see a white guy doing that cause we'd look stupid as hell. And those rims just don't look good on our cars but it's a matter of opinion.

patmckinneyracing said:
Excuse me for stereotyping, but the g bodies are very popular among hispanics and african americans. Hence the donk rims. Never see a white guy doing that cause we'd look stupid as hell. And those rims just don't look good on our cars but it's a matter of opinion.

Hahaha...they're are tons of white dudes who think that stuff is cool.

^x2

my buddys roll on trucks with 24's

i'd go 20's for a show car... but no bigger...

cdg1984 said:
Seems to be just an advertising tool for the business. Even the people who like the " donks " cant think that looks good.

BINGO...

I'm heavy into the "big rim" scene (Donks are '71-'76 Caprices/Impalas), and even we can't stand this car...

On the flipside, it isn't driven at all...only an attraction for their shop in Warren, Ohio

patmckinneyracing said:

No, you wouldn't...what you like is what you like.

Stereotypically, all the Black guys would be driving cars on big *ss rims, White guys would either have tuners or street rods/hot rods, and hispanics would all be hittin switches in their '64 with Kandy Paint...

BUT, it's not that way...and that's what makes it great. I'm Black, and I'm an avid Import tuner as well...given, I stand out in a crowd, but it's what I like to do.

This car belongs to the guy you see in the background...he's white, and THAT is a Donk...it's a '75 Caprice on 26" DUB Esinem SL's. He's also owned a '77 Impala on 28" DUB Bellagio's with Air-Ride. He's VERY respected in our city...everybody knows him on all sides of town

Picture151.jpg

Picture159.jpg

LOL!!!...I love that pink caprice convrt. ( minus the big rims ) throw on some old school factory style hubcaps, fender skirt, and some big *ss white walls and now your talkin!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor