Incredible garage sale finds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
A lot of you guys know how I do it. I got enough sh*t around here, so it's either a deal, or no deal. So unfortunately I had to work on Memorial day night shift, and was sleeping while you guys were BBQ'ing, and drinking beer :giggle:. So i usually get up about 3pm, and i wasn't even out of bed when my wife comes in with her phone... "you interested in these parts?" Someone posted on the NEXT DOOR app, with the title TANKS, GBODY HEADERS, PONTIAC INTAKE - MAKE OFFER AND PICK UP IN THE DRIVEWAY TODAY. There were pics of some Harley gas tanks, the headers, and the intake still in it's box. So I asked my wife to respond with a $40 offer for the headers, and intake. They immediately replied...Yes. So I got $40 from my stash, and ran over there real quick, as it was only 2 miles away. When I pulled up, sure enough they were cleaning out the garage. He had the headers, and intake set aside, and said he had a carb adapter, which he said I could have for $5. I told him I had only brought $40, as I did not know he had more stuff available. His wife responded ... if there's anything else I wanted just give it to him, because the junk man is coming in the morning. He agreed... Lol. So here's what I got-
- Edelbrock Intake #5056 Torker 2 Pontiac. Brand new in the box, still in the plastic wrapper
- Mr. Gasket intake gaskets Brand new never installed
-Edelbrock Intake #2161 Performer 2.0 BBC Oval port. Barely used in VERY good shape in the original box
-TransDapt carb spacer. Barely used, still has good gaskets
- No name (yet??) long tube headers SBC for GBody in really good shape, no dings at all
- Pontiac balancer, crank bolt, (3) pulleys, with alternator bolt & spacer
- Jegs aluminum rear cover with main cap preload bolts 7.5 rear, new never install - needs blasted though
- Dr. side remote side view mirror
- (1) steel roller/dolly
ALL FOR $40 BUCKS !!! _ Ran got in the shower and still made it to work on time!
IMG_0972.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 16 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Awesome deal
Better take the wife out for dinner and drinks on that deal and for telling you

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A lot of you guys know how I do it. I got enough sh*t around here, so it's either a deal, or no deal. So unfortunately I had to work on Memorial day night shift, and was sleeping while you guys were BBQ'ing, and drinking beer :giggle:. So i usually get up about 3pm, and i wasn't even out of bed when my wife comes in with her phone... "you interested in these parts?" Someone posted on the NEXT DOOR app, with the title TANKS, GBODY HEADERS, PONTIAC INTAKE - MAKE OFFER AND PICK UP IN THE DRIVEWAY TODAY. There were pics of some Harley gas tanks, the headers, and the intake still in it's box. So I asked my wife to respond with a $40 offer for the headers, and intake. They immediately replied...Yes. So I got $40 from my stash, and ran over there real quick, as it was only 2 miles away. When I pulled up, sure enough they were cleaning out the garage. He had the headers, and intake set aside, and said he had a carb adapter, which he said I could have for $5. I told him I had only brought $40, as I did not know he had more stuff available. His wife responded ... if there's anything else I wanted just give it to him, because the junk man is coming in the morning. He agreed... Lol. So here's what I got-
- Edelbrock Intake #5056 Torker 2 Pontiac. Brand new in the box, still in the plastic wrapper
- Mr. Gasket intake gaskets Brand new never installed
-Edelbrock Intake #2161 Performer 2.0 BBC Oval port. Barely used in VERY good shape in the original box
-TransDapt carb spacer. Barely used, still has good gaskets
- No name (yet??) long tube headers SBC for GBody in really good shape, no dings at all
- Pontiac balancer, crank bolt, (3) pulleys, with alternator bolt & spacer
- Jegs aluminum rear cover with main cap preload bolts 7.5 rear, new never install - needs blasted though
- Dr. side remote side view mirror
- (1) steel roller/dolly
ALL FOR $40 BUCKS !!! _ Ran got in the shower and still made it to work on time!
View attachment 114712

You suck!
😅

Just kidding, super jealous is all. Unbelievably great score James, congrats!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Awesome score, James.
Saying that you've done well on that deal is an understatement. :friday:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's good someone finds the deals. I'm usually a day late and a dollar short most of the time. "Oh, I just sold that"...."someone has already put a deposit on this. If the buyer doesn't come back by tomorrow I'll call"....*crickets*….

Last time it happened it was fall of 2018. They were practically giving away 2018 4x4 Denalis at the GMC dealer up the road a ways. THOUSANDS of dollars off. Lots of $$. Too good to pass up. Had everything I wanted on it. I called and they said, yes, we still have that one. No, we don't take deposits over the phone. Alright, I'll be leaving to come up there right now, then. I didn't even get out the door and the phone rang- Sorry, we just sold it..... :soapbox:

Reactions: 2 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Getting rid of any of it you don't need? :D

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor