Indianapolis salvage yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
I'm free to roam the Indy area for a couple of days while my wife is at a conference. Are there any junkyards with G bodies or F bodies that I could check out? We're on the north side, but I've got all day.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
carnutjw,

I live on the northside of indy. Unfortunately, not alot to choose from for gbody picking. There is a place called GW Pierce that might have a few things but I'd call first. There is a pullapart and pickapart in indy. You can search inventory online for both.

No others come to mind at the moment. There was a yard on the west side I tried a while back but not alot there.

If you come across any 1978 rear tail light lenses, give me a shout. I'm off the next couple of days.

Are you in search of any particular parts?

Thanks,
Bitterman

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
The weather was shitty so I just drove around to a few places. Monday I stopped by Gateway classic cars, a few really slick rides but out of my price range. Highlight of today was a visit to Ray Skillman's Classic cars. Its behind the Ford dealership in Greenwood, Not an official museum but a fantastic collection of mostly 50's-60's cars, race cars, signage,etc. As far as what I'm looking for, I just like to check out junkyards and see what's available.

Reactions: 1 user

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
If you are still in town there are several junk yards over off of Tibbs ave. on the southwest side between Washington Street and Morris Street. There aren't a ton of G-body's around here anymore in the yards, but Usually Westside Auto Parts has a couple on the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor