Inline fuel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gig

Apprentice
Feb 5, 2020
San Antonio
Getting ready to purchase a fuel pump for my LS 5.3 in 85 Camino. The in line would be easier on my wallet as opposed to in tank pu

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Are you keeping the factory EFI? I had trouble supplying a 15 psi TBI with an line pump. The factory pump was bleeding back then died all together on my 94 Z71. Once it died, the 68 GPH Holley pump was barely keeping up inline. I replaced the factory in tank pump, problem solved. Holley makes a drop and plug in high pressure fuel pump for any factory G body tank. Or you can buy a factory GN or TBI Monte replacement tank and put a proper in tank, high pressure pump.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you'd be surprised what comes up on online classified...I had an inline pump but came across a new GN tank with pump that I picked for $150....

Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Getting ready to purchase a fuel pump for my LS 5.3 in 85 Camino. The in line would be easier on my wallet as opposed to in tank pu

If sticking NA, nothing is as cheap and reliable as a Walbro 255. Priced $90-120 depending on where you get it. If you're running stock muffler amount of sound, then an external might be annoying unless you mount it in the rear on an insulator. But if you choose a noisy exhaust, then you'll never hear it except during the priming cycle no matter where its mounted.

If you want more (bigger), then go with an 044 Bosch - about $160.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor