Inner fenders ABS plastic painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneagle

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2008
Oregon
I just got the inner fenders, heater box, etc, removed from the car and trying to decide which way to go. Suggestions please?

I could use some adhesion promoter and then paint with catalyzed acrylic enamel with a flattening agent added.

or paint with black 2 part epoxy primer

or just scotch brite em.

Rockstar

Master Mechanic
Dec 16, 2007
Tampa,Fl
If your going for a show quality finish then Opt 1 but if its just to clean up the engine bay i would go the least expensive route.

ss4ever

Greasemonkey
Jan 4, 2006
Shelbina, Missouri
I painted my inner fenders with Low gloss satin black after I scuffed them with scotchbrite, made them look like new plastic.

jonessmc87

Apprentice
Oct 25, 2007
Old Saybrook, CT
when i had my car apart,,i had the body shop shoot the topsides of my inner fenders with black, then clear them,,,,,i didnt take the time to smooth them out or anything but they still came out nice,,and i think they tie the car in real nice since the exterior is black,,,obviously it would prolly wouldnt look too good if it was a color other than black

loneagle

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2008
Oregon
I just figured out what paint to use on my plastic parts. Just got done spraying some plastic pieces and they came out like new, I used rattle bumper black from Napa-martin senour #7240

This stuff lays down real nice and has just the right gloss. Very tough stuff. I used this on the plastic bumpers and trim on our school buses. That was 5 years ago and they still look nice today.

I had completely forgot about this stuff! :?

100_2277.jpg

100_2279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor