CUTLASS Inner Window felts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
I replaced the outers with a set of NOS from Mike's Montes, fit good. The inners were repop style (not sure who made them) and they don't fit correctly. My original inners have a very slight curve upward in the last few inches towards the front of the door. The repop are flat and do not sit correctly. Causes a gap between inner felt and upper door panel. see pic.
I'd like to find a brand that fits correctly with modifying them. Any suggestions?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
I just replaced mine too on my regal. I thought the same thing but if you actually pay attention to the door it’s kind of lifted/ bent too. You just need switch it with the second one in the packet.

i got mine from Mikes too.

Reactions: 1 user

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
Thanks for your reply. But I'm not sure what you mean by switching with second one.
I was having the difficulty with the inners. I didn't see any difference between the two in the pack. I ended up cutting slices so I could form the curve to match my upper door panel. See pic. It worked.

Attachments

• IMG_20200613_222004031.jpg
    IMG_20200613_222004031.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 288
Reactions: 1 users

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
Thanks for your reply. But I'm not sure what you mean by switching with second one.
I was having the difficulty with the inners. I didn't see any difference between the two in the pack. I ended up cutting slices so I could form the curve to match my upper door panel. See pic. It worked.
Nice! I was talking about how the pack cones with 4 felts, 2 outer and 2 inner. At least on mine I switched with the other inner felt at it worked great. But you made it work so it works out.Also, how did you hold them down. With screws or the staples? I used the staples but I think I’m gonna try to rivet it instead.

Cajun83HO

Greasemonkey
Aug 3, 2016
Louisiana
My outers were NOS. Inners were repro. So they were not packaged together.
I used some half inch long stainless self tapping screws with 1/8" hex head for the inner felts. Pre drilled the upper door panel so the screws would tap easier. For the outer, I used the original screws that were on the old ones.

Reactions: 1 user

Fernie365

Apprentice
Apr 8, 2020
Murrieta,CA
My outers were NOS. Inners were repro. So they were not packaged together.
I used some half inch long stainless self tapping screws with 1/8" hex head for the inner felts. Pre drilled the upper door panel so the screws would tap easier. For the outer, I used the original screws that were on the old ones.
Oh I see. I might do that too. Mine were repro so they all came together and they came with screws and staples. But I’m gonna change it to the screws. Thanks man appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor