Inner window weatherstrip mounting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
I ordered my inner and outer window weatherstrip and the question i have is the inner that attaches to the door panel looks like its stapled on through metal. What is the recommended way to change that since i dont have a stapler that will punch through metal at the top curve of the door panels. I dont think i would want to glue it because its on top of the vinyl that wraps over it.
Thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have used both aluminum rivets that I would flatten after the install and also drilling small holes and hand stapling and I feel the stapling works better even though it takes a little more time and finesse to complete.

Reactions: 1 user

Drkuhar

G-Body Guru
Sep 27, 2018
Girard, IL
Thanks. I had read that post about rivets and bending the Staples. I just wanted to know if one was better but i will try to save the staples and if its a no go ill do riveting

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks. I had read that post about rivets and bending the Staples. I just wanted to know if one was better but i will try to save the staples and if its a no go ill do riveting
You don't save the original staples you use new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor