Installing a Lokar floor shifter????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'm installing a Lokar floor shifter to get rid of the columb shifter. What do I do about reverse lights? It's a cable shifter for a TH350,there is nothing in the directions saying ANYTHING about reverse lights. What do I do?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Try the stock console shift lever arm on the transmission to retain the column linkage to retain the stock switch. That way you can still lock the linkage in park.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
When I did my lightning rods I used a b&m cable that also came with a universal plate to bolt on the selector shaft after I got the shifter working correctly I cut the plate to fit the old coupler that went to the shaft with the column shift and welded it on that way the rod to the column was still hooked up and the pns lock out worked and rev light switch works also

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
When I did my lightning rods I used a b&m cable that also came with a universal plate to bolt on the selector shaft after I got the shifter working correctly I cut the plate to fit the old coupler that went to the shaft with the column shift and welded it on that way the rod to the column was still hooked up and the pns lock out worked and rev light switch works also
Do you possibly have pics so I can know exactly what you mean?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
My shifter came with 2 optional quad arms that are longer. If I understood at all,if I use the longer one,hook the new cable to control the trans. Then attach the shaft coming from the columb below the new cable attachment to operate the neutral safety switch and reverse lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor