installing bucket seats!!!!bench seats are for lamez!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
Ok so you read the subject this post is for people who want to or have already installed bucket seats in there g body wagons
post any useful info pics hints links etc. some people use tracks off other factory seats i've seen square tubing used for brackets to raise them. i know some cars arn't exactlly flat on the floor boards, there are some raised parts so how did you make the seats level.
post ur thoughts and experience.... :arrow: :arrow: :mrgreen:

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
x2 Try and find a Monte Carlo that had bucket seats in the junkyard so you take a look at how the brackets were spaced out. Also bolt them to the bottom half of the bucket seat and mark where they need to go.

anakputa

Master Mechanic
Nov 27, 2009
I took factory Bucket Seat Rails and modified them to fit my aftermarket bucket. Had to add homemade bracket on driver seat to mount on stock right front studs..

dirtywhiteboy

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2009
Mount Solon, VA
I pulled some M/C seats at a pick a part. I took my porter cable battery drill and spare batteries to drill out the mounts (2 fully charged batteries barley did the job)
my seats look like crap, but for $40, I'm happy. I'll recover them one of these days.

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0136.jpg

CALI-WAGON_09

Apprentice
Feb 2, 2009
Los Angeles,CA
I went to the local metal comp. got some 1" square tube some tabs with nuts welded,bolts and welding rods. Measured the rails leveled them and tacked them to check, then burned them in. Set seats on rails marked hole locations, drilled holes, welded tabs in place, bolted seats down and done. :D BTW i had seats from a 96 madzda 626 changed over seat belt buckle (easy swap)

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
CALI-WAGON_09 said:
I went to the local metal comp. got some 1" square tube some tabs with nuts welded,bolts and welding rods. Measured the rails leveled them and tacked them to check, then burned them in. Set seats on rails marked hole locations, drilled holes, welded tabs in place, bolted seats down and done. :D BTW i had seats from a 96 madzda 626 changed over seat belt buckle (easy swap)
chk out my seats from a mazda have to do a lil fab on the brackets to mount them but i love em..
100_2153.jpg

seats i had in my car
100_2143.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor