Installing shifter cable properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2016
Hello, I have a 87 Monte Carlo LS and I'm having issues installing the new shifter cable on factory shifter. Its floor shifter with TH2004R 4 speed. Thanks

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm not a subject matter expert on this but if you would be more specific about the difficulty you are having, you will likely have better luck getting help with the problem. Pictures are often helpful and are encouraged.

Jul 20, 2016
I have the cable connected to the shifter and the transmission, but can't get it to go all the way into Park. I'm just trying to figure out how to properly install the cable? Thanks

Jul 20, 2016
Once I connect the cable to the shifter and transmission it won't go all the way into Park? Have any ideas of what could cause that? 1987 Monte Carlo LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor