Instrument cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike 86 regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2022
Oklahoma
Ok I bought this regal 86 2 months ago and no gauges works, I changed the fuel sender and speedometer cable and bulbs, nothing works. Checked fuses, took apart the cluster and cleaned and bend the metal parts in on everything so it will be tight, but headlights and turn signal works and check engine light works and that is it. What am I missing?

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Find the ground for the gauge cluster and make sure it is grounded. If the dash has ever been removed make sure the dash is grounded to the body.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Look at the wire bundle coming from the connector(s) coming from the gauge cluster. The ground should be a black wire and come out close to the cluster with an eye terminal on it. It should be screwed to a metal part of the dash.

OptionalGagePackage.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Mike 86 regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2022
Oklahoma
Look at the wire bundle coming from the connector(s) coming from the gauge cluster. The ground should be a black wire and come out close to the cluster with an eye terminal on it. It should be screwed to a metal part of the dash.

View attachment 197273
ELCAM ok once I feed little man I will see if I can find it, where did you find the wiring diagram at? This regal does not have a tachometer

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Check your gage fuse. No power, no work.
The lights you mentioned in the first post have their own power.

PJNJ201

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2021
Hey bud, have you figured it out yet? Let us know. I guarantee what these guys are saying about the ground, is your issue. I had this same problem on mine as well. Ground was the problem!

Mike 86 regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 17, 2022
Oklahoma
ELCAM ok once I feed little man I will see if I can find it, where did you find the wiring diagram at? This regal does not have a tachometer

Hey bud, have you figured it out yet? Let us know. I guarantee what these guys are saying about the ground, is your issue. I had this same problem on mine as well. Ground was the problem!
PJNJ201 I have not fixed it. I was looking for the black wire and I can't find it, It looks like the person I bought it from changed stuff around

PJNJ201

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 9, 2021
PJNJ201 I have not fixed it. I was looking for the black wire and I can't find it, It looks like the person I bought it from changed stuff around
Damn, i see. If you still have it apart, is there any way you can post some pictures of what it looks like behind there? Wires, harnesses, connector etc. and also just out of curiousity, what kind of shape is that green connector film that sits on the back of the speedo in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor