Instrument light issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Miller

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 11, 2018
83 malibu wagon. Just bought the car and working on a few problems. Nine of the Instrument lights work. The turn signal and high beam lights do work. The fuse is good and I haven't pulled it apart to check all the bulbs(will be this weekend , just trying to get info before tearing it down).
I wiggled the headlight switch and still no dash lights ,But for some reason the temp and oil gauges moved. Also gas gauge, oil pressure and tach dont work properly. I dont know if all of this could be tied to the same problem.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
There's a ground near the e-brake assembly- check that. There should be an 'instr lts' fuse by itself. Also, might try cleaning the connector at the printed circuit board on the cluster with a pencil eraser (remember slot cars?), then slather on some dielectric grease....

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
When crap is goofy look for a bad ground or a fuse blown creating weird stuff. Check body ground at battery

Reactions: 1 user

robert garringer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2018
bradenton,florida
I have a 87 monte ss and im having the same problems no dash lights.i did find a burnt brown wire coming out of the head light swich which is hot when the the switch is pulled on.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
The brown is dash and parking. Look at cigarette lighter light and there is a specific fuse so use a test light to check ALL fuses

robert garringer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2018
bradenton,florida
The brown is dash and parking. Look at cigarette lighter light and there is a specific fuse so use a test light to check ALL fuses
All the parking lights work, but the right turn just turns on in the dash but no blink and the right lights that are surposed to blink just stay at normal light not bright like the blinker light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor