insurance for hobby cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
My only rub with Hagerty so far since 2017 is the mileage "restriction"-6,000 per year. Thus far I have never exceeded that, nor do they have a way to check it, but Power Tour could be 1,500-2,000, a few weekend trips, and a drive to work one day a week could shoot past it. Funny thing is that they encourage you to "get out and drive". No one has mentioned the bimonthly Hagerty magazine either. I thoroughly enjoy most issues of it. BTW $366 this year(8/22-8/23), $10,000 "guaranteed value".

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You guys with "stated value" policies really need to look further into your policies. They are typically written as Actual Cash Value up to the "stated amount". This means if you're paying a premium for $10000 coverage and suffer a total loss, they will pay what THEY determine is the ACV, not to exceed $10000. Likewise, if it's insured for 10K and the market at the time of the total loss is 15K, you're going to get 10K. Proving the ACV is different than their research is difficult, given the disparity in vehicle conditions with such a small sampling of remaining yr/make/model of most of our cars. Most insurers do not consider older cars to be worth much, aside from obvious classics or historically significant vehicles, which usually have a well-proven record of value.

Agreed value means you and the insurer agree that the value is $XXXX, and in the event of a loss, they will pay up to that amount for damages. In the event of a total loss, the policy pays the agreed value.

Big difference...know what you're buying.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor