intake manifold bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpringles12

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 17, 2019
So i replaced my intake. I placed the gasket and RTV, plopped on the intake, went to put the bolts back in and noticed that one of the bolts isnt the same size. My question is... can i put a new bolt on after the RTV has dried and the intake has set? Or do i have to remove the intake, replace the gasket and re-apply the RTV with the new bolt(s)? I tourqued down all of the other bolts. I ended up buying a bilt set from Edelbrock that are all.the correct size. Can i just replace them after the RTV has dried?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Why not? You are not disturbing the placement or location of the manifold. With all the other bolts still locating it, the manifold isn't going to move. No coolant in it? Snatch the offender out and plug in your good one. If it does happen to be getting screwed into a through hole that accesses a water jacket then use some correct sealant on the threads but otherwise it's whatever the mfgr of manifold or bolts says to do.

Nick

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Answer to the question without any more words than necessary:

Yes.

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor