CUTLASS intake numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
my 1980 olds originally had a 307 put in but the privious owner put in a 350 olds everything is ok but the vacume lines are missing and some of the vacume switches are not looking like the diagram for any 1980 engines i have seen. where do i find out the year and system i have i tried looking up the number that is cast on the intake but i haven't found any for olds are they the same for chev?

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
It is probably a #16 iron intake. What number heads are on the motor? Is it the original computer controlled carb and distributor?

oldolds

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2017
pine city/rosaila washington
the dist has the extra terminal for the timing advance and a non computer controlled carb. the intake looks aluminum the extra terminal goes to a vacume sensor that adjusts the timing

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Probably a late 70's Olds 350.

jetsetw31

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2010
Petersburg, VA
What number heads do you have? That tells a lot about the engine considering it's not a mismatched motor. (Example: 75 block, 70 heads, and 77 intake.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor