CUTLASS Interchangeable Body Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave78

n00b
Feb 1, 2021
I am looking at buying a 1986 cutlass supreme with a V6 and thinking about buying it and replacing engine and turning into a muscle car. The body has some rust holes to fix and I was wondering from what year to what year body parts are interchangeable?

Say I wanted to buy a 1984 and use body fenders and doors to replace on the 1986 fenders and doors would they all line up perfectly body lines and all?

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I am looking at buying a 1986 cutlass supreme with a V6 and thinking about buying it and replacing engine and turning into a muscle car. The body has some rust holes to fix and I was wondering from what year to what year body parts are interchangeable?

Say I wanted to buy a 1984 and use body fenders and doors to replace on the 1986 fenders and doors would they all line up perfectly body lines and all?
Yes, 84 to 86 would generally fit.

Assuming a coupe, 1981-1987 rwd buick regal and 1981-1988 rwd cutlass interchange.

You can actually swap an entire regal front nose assby onto a cutlass and vice versa although the wheel arches are off.

1981-1986 cutlass header panel vs 1987-1988 euro panel, but, you can convert. Otherwise it's mostly stylistic changes that were cosmetic only but the major parts all swap around

Reactions: 1 user

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
81-88 cutlass are the same body panels. 81-87 regal doors will also work

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor