Interesting new GM Olds parts that you don't see every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I recall the ECM's came with the chip prying tools. The chips didn't have squat in them. I got a couple of them around here somewhere.
I just remember the tool coming with chip if you weren't replacing the ecm.
Just be careful handling those chips, a small amount of static coming off your body will ruin it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I just remember the tool coming with chip if you weren't replacing the ecm.
Just be careful handling those chips, a small amount of static coming off your body will ruin it.
I got these straight from the dealership. And they didn't come with pry tools. It would have made more sense. It's like other pieces parts. Remember when they had an ECM Connector "Kit" that came with the connector and the new temperature sending unit? Then later you just got the connector and had to buy the sending unit separate. And the older master cylinder cover "kit" that came with the plastic lid AND the gasket. Then later, the "kit" just came with the gasket. WTF.

Yeah don't want to zap them. Can't afford to lose even 2 HP. That's like a 20% reduction! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
  • Agree

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Holy chit! If those are spares you don't really need and you ever want to turn them into cash, lemme know! :)
Sold the NOS spares I had, had them listed for awhile on eBay.
These weren't cheap by any means, close to $2k invested...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor