Interesting Times

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
The one common theme that emerges from all of this: Nothing realistic is happening to address the issues at hand.
I don’t know. With a fart car if you try hard to get that last mile could make you have to address something. But it all comes down to how much money they can make from what the “ ideal research “ comes up with.

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
I wonder how close they are to ignition with the research into fart cars ....

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Watching all this unfold is just irritating. I can remember when the cat converter was being sold to the public as just "producing CO2 and Water". Both being totally "harmless".

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
Watching all this unfold is just irritating. I can remember when the cat converter was being sold to the public as just "producing CO2 and Water". Both being totally "harmless".
Technically that was partially true. What they left out was due to ratios, surface areas and time, the compound conversions wouldn't be complete, and, that it would have the bonus of encouraging the aluminized steel exhausts to rot off cars.

Just like there's plenty they don't tell now.

If they REALLY wanted to encourage adoption, they'd spend money on infrastructure from the bottom up instead of credits and rebates. Then let the market decide. You know, if you build it, they will come sorta thing.

Start with transmission lines, then substations, then plants, then chargers. Then let the automakers tempt people to cross over. Can't recall a forced change of this type since they shifted broadcast TV spectrum to digital, which, highly downgraded that product.

Used to be you could tune your rabbit ears to get perfect sound and a tiny bit of show for distant programming. Now, it glitches into cubes and you hear nothing instead. Total downgrade.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
As full of sht as some people are, they could drive forever
Well that's what worries me. "Your hot little rear will self-combust like an EV battery!"

• Haha

Built6spdMCSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well that's what worries me. "Your hot little rear will self-combust like an EV battery!"
If that was the case, we'd be short a lot less people now in the world.

• Winner

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
Is it just me, or are we running out of meaningful contributions to this thread? :ROFLMAO:

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
Can't recall a forced change of this type since they shifted broadcast TV spectrum to digital, which, highly downgraded that product.

Used to be you could tune your rabbit ears to get perfect sound and a tiny bit of show for distant programming. Now, it glitches into cubes and you hear nothing instead. Total downgrade.
It must cost a bundle for the equipment and power to broadcast, with only a few viewers scattered around catching the signal.

ck80

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 18, 2014
It must cost a bundle for the equipment and power to broadcast, with only a few viewers scattered around catching the signal.
Not really, and, I'd suspect continuing OTA broadcast that is the same as your local cable providers bundle into basic local is part of their spectrum leases from the government.

There's also still a lot more OTA consumers than you'd think, typically at either the poorer, older ends of the viewership as well as those who just don't spend the time in front of the TV to justify $80 a month on cable

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor