Interesting Times

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
Not really, and, I'd suspect continuing OTA broadcast that is the same as your local cable providers bundle into basic local is part of their spectrum leases from the government.

There's also still a lot more OTA consumers than you'd think, typically at either the poorer, older ends of the viewership as well as those who just don't spend the time in front of the TV to justify $80 a month on cable
Whatever the cost is, it either comes out of advertising and cable revenues or is subsidized by government. Your demographic is weak for advertisers, nonexistent for cable providers.

That, and you're complaining about it.

Last edited:

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
Nothing but an empty addiction anyway.

I had remarkably good reception here, all major network affiliates. But I recently pulled my whole setup down and packed it away for lack of interest.

I think sports betting -- er, "fantasy leagues" -- was the last straw for me.

Last edited:

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
There's a difference in terminology here that I think is relevant. There are 'sustainable' or 'renewable' fuels.

And then there are the so-called 'carbon-neutral' fuels.

I finally caught up to this post. I usually refer to either "renewable fuels" or "biofuels." Neither is specific enough.

Strictly speaking I suppose I should start referring to "sustainable carbon-neutral fuels," since that's what I generally mean. But it's too much of a mouthful.

And I'm generally assuming one more qualifier: "that can be produced at commercial volumes on a par with the fossil fuels they replace." That makes it even more of a mouthful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I finally caught up to this post. I usually refer to either "renewable fuels" or "biofuels." Neither is specific enough.

Strictly speaking I suppose I should start referring to "sustainable carbon-neutral fuels," since that's what I generally mean. But it's too much of a mouthful.

And I'm generally assuming one more qualifier: "that can be produced at commercial volumes on a par with the fossil fuels they replace." That makes it even more of a mouthful.
These folks change terms; "Sustainable" doesn't mean what we think it means.

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
"Sustainable" doesn't mean what we think it means.
When they say it, whatever. When I say it, it means what I think. :mrgreen:

But that's why I say, nothing realistic is happening.

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Tesla-electric-car-meme.jpg

• Haha

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
There's a fun thread up about some idiot in NJ with a "deleted" diesel Ram. Meanwhile, at the other end of the continent ....

As usual they're touting benefits that are hard to argue against, and as usual I'd love to know how it's supposed to work in actual reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Will need more coal for the power station. Dug out of ground by diesel, moved and loaded by diesel. Shipped by rail or truck by diesel. Hmmmm.......

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
There's a fun thread up about some idiot in NJ with a "deleted" diesel Ram. Meanwhile, at the other end of the continent ....

As usual they're touting benefits that are hard to argue against, and as usual I'd love to know how it's supposed to work in actual reality.
When the new ford electric truck gets 80 miles with a trailer? No problem there.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor