Interesting Times

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
Got to keep the Green Meanies EV’s powered up somehow!

But this is Leadership! :ROFLMAO:

What happens when Hollywood calls the tune.

What happened this past summer was dissed as "unusually warm." So .... we were expecting maybe a snowstorm?

All driven by what happens way out in the South Pacific, which is driven by global climate patterns. Not much to do with what is or isn't done here in California. So good luck to them with that.

Reactions: 1 user

jiho

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2013
To add to ironic of this is the ad that was playing while I’ve been reading and watching the video was ad for Chevy’s EV

Happy happy! Music! Oh boy!

GAAAAHHH!!!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
It takes something like 15 trees to offset a person (depending on who you ask). Where are all the tree hugging apartment dwellers gonna plant 15 trees per? You know, the ones who say city living is better/cleaner/more efficient. This I type as I debate how many/which trees are getting murdered to make room for me to build a house on my property.

Supposedly they are replacing palm trees with regular tress to produce more oxygen. Its a shame since palm trees are cool.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Supposedly they are replacing palm trees with regular tress to produce more oxygen. Its a shame since palm trees are cool.

And I assume that ratio is less than 1 per person, which means the effect will be nil. But somebody gets to pat themselves on the back and pretend they're doing something right.

• Agree

abbey castro

G-Body Guru
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Here in my area developers don't believe in trees. They take valuable space on the small cookie cutter houses. The two subdivisions on each side of our street razed all the trees and the white dust covers everything. The guy that did ours built the houses around the tree clumps and it shades the houses. I love my trees and it keeps our house cooler in the hot summers. In the next town the subdivisions and flat expenses of treeless houses, they don't even plant what they take out in front of the house.

Reactions: 1 users

Ugly1

G-Body Guru
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Here in my area developers don't believe in trees. They take valuable space on the small cookie cutter houses. The two subdivisions on each side of our street razed all the trees and the white dust covers everything. The guy that did ours built the houses around the tree clumps and it shades the houses. I love my trees and it keeps our house cooler in the hot summers. In the next town the subdivisions and flat expenses of treeless houses, they don't even plant what they take out in front of the house.
Leaving the buyers to choose shade trees$$$

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
meanwhile we got the idiot developers in Austin building huge skyrises saying "Austin doesn't have a skyline, it needs a skyline" to which we respond with "yes it does, they're called trees!"

1669245584671.png

zilker park oak tree
1669245672983.png

Reactions: 4 users

Hurricane77

Greasemonkey
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada

I love mine, really keeps the wind down.

But yeah, most developers don't bother. It's easier to clear cut everything when building a subdivision. You don't have to work around trees. And why bother re-planting? That costs money. And they take up valuable space. With your typical row housing and a 20x20 yard, there's not a lot of space for things like trees

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I love mine, really keeps the wind down.

But yeah, most developers don't bother. It's easier to clear cut everything when building a subdivision. You don't have to work around trees. And why bother re-planting? That costs money. And they take up valuable space. With your typical row housing and a 20x20 yard, there's not a lot of space for things like trees
most of the time they don't even have trees as they are building those new subdivisions on former farmland. farmers sell out as city limits approach. the only place that keeps trees they have is upscale neighborhoods because usually built in former hilly ranchland that has older trees never cut down and so they keep the landlots larger and charge a lot more for them.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot Mike's Montes UMI Performance

Contact Admin@GBodyForum.com for info on becoming a sponsor