Interior color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket350olds

Apprentice
Jun 6, 2020
Does anyone know what color interior this is? Its kindve a blue grey, and whats the difference between cut pile and Essex carpet?
20220327_123353.jpg
20220327_123344.jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
You didnt say what year car you have but I used mid 80s gray Olds Cutlass cloths and vinyl when I was doing the interior of my Malibu wagon. The closest match to the carpet was ACC Dove Gray. Cut pile is the standard but get it with the mass backing. Cheapest price I found was rockauto. They have it drop shipped.

IMG_1613 (3).JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Does you car have a cowl tag?

Maybe slate gray but easier to do with the cowl tag than guess by pictures,

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Seeing 82 (82D, 82I, 829) It'll be Meduim Dark Gray. Years of sun light would of bleached/lighten the color so direct color match will be off on a new carpet. BTW, 15 (15U) is your exterior color code for Meduim Gray metalic.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
From what I have for color combo info shows your exterior color only came with the choice of gray or burgundy. I didn't see RPO D60 (interior color compatible override) on the sticker or a 27_ for blue.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
What sets apart Essex carpet from the rest of the field? Like your standard cut pile carpet, Essex carpet is composed of 100% Nylon yarn. Unlike your standard cut pile carpet, Essex carpet is tufted to 1/10 gauge cut pile. What this means is your Essex carpet has more tufts of carpet per inch as compared to your standard cut pile, which is tufted to 1/8 gauge. The increase in tuft maintains the performance of your carpet, despite the increased pile height. So even though your Essex carpet is thicker, and plusher, you still get the same great performing automotive carpet as any of our other styles.

Speaking of plush, our Essex carpet contains 22.5 ounces of yarn per square yard. This creates a uniquely soft feel underfoot, and when paired with the optional mass backing, the Essex carpet creates an exceptional noise and heat barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor