CUTLASS Interior Door Panel Trim Pieces???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
I recently picked up an 87 Olds Cutlass (I will post in the noob section introducing myself a little later) and I was wondering what these trim pieces are called and if they can be purchased somewhere? I also would like to know if someone knows what bolts are hidden behind those trim pieces as it looks like someone decided to go off of script? I have done a lot of searching and I couldn't find anything on these pieces.

IMG_0583x1024.JPG
IMG_0582.x1024JPG.jpg

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
How many are you looking for? Screws go into the door and holds up the door panels

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
Just looking for the two missing covers/panels/trim for the drivers door, the passenger door is fine (do these have a proper name). Looking for the correct screws for the one door panel you see in the photo that has some less than adequate screws, looks like there should be 4 total. I guess I said bolt but I should have said screw.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Door pull escutcheon(s).

Reactions: 1 users

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
I would have never found that, I see they sell them at GBodyParts, I must have looked past them 6 times when I put an order together last week.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Yeah those screws aren't correct. They should be a truss head phillips sheet metal screw. Lemme see if I have one laying around to snap a pic, my door panels are assembled.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Also consider that over time from being pulled on or from the R & R of the door panel the original screw holes can become "wallowed out" requiring a repair to the hole or a larger fastener to hold the panel tight

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Balzak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 10, 2020
Longview, TX
True. I haven't taken it apart yet but as it is now, it is very loose and I try not to pull on the pull strap for fear of causing any/more damage. The car has been very well maintained and I am seeing that the correct screws and bolts didn't get used to put panels and things back together but they don't appear forced or damaged, just incorrect. I figure I would start with the correct ones and work my way up if needed, they don't have to be absolutely correct as this isn't a pristeen condition car but I am pretty OCD and it at least needs to look correct to my taste. The one screw looks like a TEC or self tapping screw and I really don't like to use those if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor