Interior Drone/Sound Deadening

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
I am looking for ways to make my interior quieter without breaking the bank. My ideas are below with some questions...

1) Adding a “anti fatigue” mat under the original carpeting. This should absorb a good amount of road noise and exhaust drone. Anyone try this?

2) I want to add a stick on adhesive to the flooring and door panels as well. People on here have recommended ice and water shield but that is significantly thinner than the eBay 80mil stick on stuff. Any more info on the ice and water shield route?

Any tips or examples for this would be much appreciated!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
I am looking for ways to make my interior quieter without breaking the bank. My ideas are below with some questions...

Any tips or examples for this would be much appreciated!

Adding an X pipe helps reduce drone. Also, tailpipes out the back can help. Do you have this?

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I wouldnt use regular ice/water shield. It stinks like asphalt and gets dry and brittle over time. Now they make some stuff called Grace. We use on it roofs flatter then 4/12 pitch. Its almost rubber on top and wont deteriorate or stink in your car. Its expensive but if i was gonna use any roofing ice/water itd be the grace. My grandpa and dad were roofers. I roofed for about 8 yrs til 2015.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just buy some off brand Dynamat. Had a foil side and a sticky side. Makes a big difference and I've only done my floor.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I
Just buy some off brand Dynamat. Had a foil side and a sticky side. Makes a big difference and I've only done my floor.
I agree 100%. I cant imagine the kerosene smell going away very fast especially in the summer. I imagine there's not a huge price difference between grace and cheap dynamat.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I wouldnt use regular ice/water shield. It stinks like asphalt and gets dry and brittle over time. Now they make some stuff called Grace. We use on it roofs flatter then 4/12 pitch. Its almost rubber on top and wont deteriorate or stink in your car. Its expensive but if i was gonna use any roofing ice/water itd be the grace. My grandpa and dad were roofers. I roofed for about 8 yrs til 2015.

I used the water & ice shield on the whole floor of my GP and there no intrusive smell. My friend who installs sound systems used it on some vehicles to improve the sound and he has had no complaints about any odor.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I used the water & ice shield on the whole floor of my GP and there no intrusive smell. My friend who installs sound systems used it on some vehicles to improve the sound and he has had no complaints about any odor.
Right on, that's surprising. I just figured itd be like bein on a roof with it. In the summer it smells like your walking behind an asphalt truck 😆. Did you use the Grace or regular sandy stuff because i have a roll of the regular stuff in my garage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor