Interior Drone/Sound Deadening

Status
Not open for further replies.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I built a J-pipe resonator for my '57 F100. It did wonders for the drone. Google 'adjustable J-pipe resonator' and build your own. You lengthen or shorten it by sliding and clamping in place, so you drive and adjust until you find the right resonance.

Reactions: 1 users

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Had some window wrap left over from garage build. Maybe .060-.080" thick rubber(?), sticky on one side, foil on the other. I had the back seat out for stereo install, so I covered the only bare area of the floor, right over the mufflers. Can't say it did much, but anything is better than nothing, right?
IMG_0838.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

81_El_Homewrecker

Greasemonkey
Oct 26, 2015
H or x pipe will give sound difference & a small power increase with the h pipe being deeper & the x the more powerful , scavenging, & canceling more resonance. Marginally, that is. Either one balances exhaust & allows both banks of cylinders to breathe through both mufflers.

On actual interior sound deadening, factories use multi component methods. Heavy stick ons dampens metal vibration, but not air transmitted noise & covering every last inch of surface usually is a waste. Foil or ceramic infused product helps heat. Any product that traps air particles helps insulate & trap sound movement.
Yes this is what I read and it might have been you. This is why I wanted to use an anti fatigue mat since they are that dense foam cushioning material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor