interior lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
hi,

as i know there are 5 interior lights in my 78 GP .. two under dash lights , two on rear pillars and one under the roof.

those two lights under the dash works fine when doors are open but those lights on rear pillar or roof works dosen't work ...

dlo253

G-Body Guru
Mar 25, 2011
PNW, WA
Is there supposed to be a question? Start by checking the bulbs...

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
all bulbs are ok and new (LED) fuses are ok too and if were not so we could not have under the dash lights now

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Get out the multimeter and check for current. They should have a direct 12v all the time and the courtesy light switch and door swith are just ground switches. If you don't have current then do a continuity test to make sure there are no brakes in the line. I just had mine out yesterday in the 80 regal to wire in a rear view with lights out of an 03 s10. They were solid core wires. White and white with an orange stripe

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
mebe007 said:
Get out the multimeter and check for current. They should have a direct 12v all the time and the courtesy light switch and door swith are just ground switches. If you don't have current then do a continuity test to make sure there are no brakes in the line. I just had mine out yesterday in the 80 regal to wire in a rear view with lights out of an 03 s10. They were solid core wires. White and white with an orange stripe

thanks for replay

yes i know about courtesy light switch and door switch as how u said ... but no current after testing the orange wires with voltmeter , it could be great if i knew which way(driver or passenger side/up-down) they used to bring that orange wire for courtesy lights

CourtesyLightDelay.jpg

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
Mine came up through drivers side a pillar trim

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
t01blaze said:
The connector is down by the parking brake pedal and the wiring runs up the driver side A pillar and then under the headliner.

ok fixed , i found the connector and wire ... the orange cable from fuse box to that connector was off .

but now i don't have small front headlights + cluster lights and rear lights when i pull the lights switch :D

cyrus_the_great

Greasemonkey
Sep 8, 2009
IRAN
cyrus_the_great said:
t01blaze said:
The connector is down by the parking brake pedal and the wiring runs up the driver side A pillar and then under the headliner.

ok fixed , i found the connector and wire ... the orange cable from fuse box to that connector was off .

but now i don't have small front headlights + cluster lights and rear lights when i pull the lights switch :D

fixed this one too .. again another loose wire from fuse box

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor