Interior Paint code 62D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toadstool

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2019
Lockeford CA
Hi guys I blew it I should of left my dash alone but could not help it. I was finishing up my shifter project and thought I would touch up my glove box door with sem camel 15173.

It worked well on my steering column and door panel(I guess they were a little faded)my interior paint code is 62 d which I believe is dark camel. What do you guys suggest for me to find the correct paint. 1978 oldsmobile cutlass.

Thank you for your help
20190907_192648.jpg
20190907_192525.jpg
20190907_192525.jpg

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
SEM does have a mix service that they will make you a batch of near factory match. Keep in mind with age nothing will be a 100% perfect match some other members have had a good experiance with their color match. But as a PPG guy I would really recommend PPG's One Choice system. PPG's codes for your Dark Camel Tan is 24542 for semi-gloss & 24530 for flat. A semi-gloss/low gloss would work on the door,

Reactions: 1 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Thats correct. SEM offers a free color matching service. Ive had them match a few colors for me and they do close to a perfect match. I even sent them a rear door panel from my wagon. The womans name that does it is Ann Zolle. She has a real talent at custom matches.
Did you spray the inside of the door too ? If not, take the door apart and send it to her. She can match it to the untouched color inside of the door under the black. I also sent her a gray glovebox door from a Regal to get a match and it was 100%. She does it as soon as she gets the piece.
She can give you the formula but Ive been buying the Color Coat directly from them since they can test the color before they send everything back to you so you'll know it will match.

Reactions: 1 user

Toadstool

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 1, 2019
Lockeford CA
Thank you so much for all your help you two.
I guess I'm color blind should of tested the color first before painting that door. My shifter floor console is off to.

Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor