Interior question

C

Charles Washington

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 13, 2019
West Orange, New Jersey
Hello,

I just started building a ProTouring Hurst Olds and as the body is being mated to a Schwartz Performance Frame, I wanted to start looking for interior components. I would like a full black interior but am having a tough time locating anything. I am even willing to purchase a parts car for spare components. Any thoughts on how and where to look?

Charles

Streetbu

Streetbu

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Parts car will be your best bet. Finding a black interior for a Cutlass is about the same odds as winning the Powerball though. Good luck!

87National

Master Mechanic
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
Hello,

I just started building a ProTouring Hurst Olds and as the body is being mated to a Schwartz Performance Frame, I wanted to start looking for interior components. I would like a full black interior but am having a tough time locating anything. I am even willing to purchase a parts car for spare components. Any thoughts on how and where to look?

Charles
Black interior was an option only in 78-80......so there aren't many parts out there, and if you do find some 40 yr old interior pieces, they won't be in good shape.

If I were you I would buy new door panels, carpet, upholstery, seat belts, visors, headliner...etc....then find a good used dash and plastic trim pieces and dye them with SEM dye.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
If I remember right '78-'80 was the only years black was an A body option. I do know all '81 up did not. Mass marketed repop interior is only out there for Chevy's & Regals so even that route makes it a pain. An option would be using SEM or PPG to recolor what you can get to black.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Interior 28
Luke Eastman Interior 2
DurtyBreed Interior 11
8 Interior 4
CaliWagon83 Interior 20