Interior steering column??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If your offering to sell me yours PM me. If not where did you buy it?
No, I gave you a link to the same tool. Lisle 57340. Sorry for the confusion. I bought mine at an auto parts store. If your local store doesn't sell the Lisle, I would look somewhere else. The link I gave you would get the tool to you from Amazon for $18 shipped.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Mine was a Harbor Freight special - not much, but invaluable.

I have a recent thread that involved me wrestling with column bearing/issues. I used it a minimum of 10 times to disassemble and reassemble that column. But the best part is that it is needed for just every GM product for over 30 years. My '64 Wildcat (with a Nailhead under the hood - hence my screen name) uses that tool.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Maybe an explosive charge or sycronized Hammer/screwdriver team could get the ring off without the tool, but the tool will come in handy for years to come.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Circular saw blade and 2 sockets, from the poor-boy days

Buy the tool, it's cheap.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
The tool worked great. Got my PITA turn signal switch changed
I guess it's a cliche but I always have felt like there's nothing like having the right tool for the job. I've never begrudged buying a tool.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I’ve never minded buying the right tool. But at my age, I should call my son and tell him he needs to buy it. It’s going to be his eventually LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor