Interior time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitterman

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2017
It seems like I pick the worst times to start projects.

I'd like to begin fleshing up my interior on my project car. 1980 cutlass. I have a redone set of bucket seats and rear seats ready but would like opinions on what everyone likes/uses to paint/treat the floor. Also what about noise dampening? Thoughts on products?

The carpet of my donor car appears in good shape so it might cleanup well.

My console shifter handle is almost useless. The previous owner had an ignition key issue and looks to have tried to pull every way possible to shift it instead of replacing the ignition tumbler. (Idiot) I know gbodyparts is a hit and miss, but they sell a new handle that looks fairly nice. I'm trying to keep the stock look as I'm not a fan of most of the aftermarket shifters. Anyone bought one of these shifter handles from gbodyparts?

Link:

Also, since it's getting cold outside, anyone have advice on how to rig a small electric floor heater into the car to keep temp up to allow things to cure once painted?

Thank you

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I picked the worst time possible to do it myself, during driving season. I went with POR15 and then a generic dynamat everywhere

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor