Internet issues with no resolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
Since around 4PM, my internet is acting like dial up. It takes about 10 seconds for a page to show up. I can no longer play call of duty or watch youtube videos. I was on hold with AT&T for 1 hour and 10 minutes before someone finally picked up. After 20 minutes more, she tells me there's nothing on their end and I should upgrade my internet speed. I have since found out that lots of people are having the same issue. I will not be paying more money and more than likely will terminate AT&T service here. To be directly lied to about them having nothing wrong on their end irritates the crap out of me. I will not pay liars $70 a month for dial up internet. I missed a Call of Duty tournament tonight with my clan and I'm really POed. Anyone else having AT&T slow internet issues?

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I had to get rid of my cable Internet provider years ago when I would see my connection speed get slower and slower as the afternoon progressed. Then I figured out it was starting to slow when all the kids came home from school and got online or watched cable tv.. Many times from 5-8 pm I would have no connection or slow as dialup. Problem is I am in a rural area with limited Internet access companies. My phone company was my other choice and when I went a week without getting on and a few useless phone calls to customer service I just ended the service. The cable company 6 months earlier had a big promotional push and added a bunch of new customers in my area for tv and online and my Internet, as well as a few houses near me, became unusable when the system was overloaded. They just did not have immediate plans to upgrade my area.

I am sorry about your issues and I know how frustrating it gets. Right now I pay about a hundred dollars for my house phone and Internet a month and no other viable option. Trying to go cell phone or 4G is no better where I live. On the outer areas of most coverage so I would be paying almost the same as now with not much better results. My area has a low population density so most companies do not see a need to invest in adding their services. My niece lives a half hour from me near a retirement community and has at least 5 Internet companies available plus good cell phone service so she could go only 4G if she chose. But she has also had issues so what can you do? Makes me want to just unplug and dump the Internet some days....

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
Here in Phoenix they all suck. Had Cox and I would say it was down all the time. Have Centurylink now it's slow at times but it doesn't just shut off.

Centurylink is who I have where it rarely is down but not that fast. That was more important to me in being able to connect then poor service and a faster speed. I was doing some online courses at the time for work when my cable Internet was cutting out and just ticked me off.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I would rather have a conversation with a potato than to have to deal with AT&T customer service ever again.....then again it was about the same experience.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
they kinda sound like the company i have Meadiacom cable internet. its fast during the day and nite falls its slower then crap. their customer service is about the same they have up to 45 min before hey basically have to take your call. we have dial up here but it is about the same price as cable ad 100 percent slower. they always say it s your modem.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
You can always go with satellite, but the upload speeds are even slower than usual.

I would rather have a conversation with a potato than to have to deal with AT&T customer service ever again.....then again it was about the same experience.
AT&T customer service will make a person want to punch a dolphin in the face.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'd love to go baxk to ATT. We are literally 10 miles from any town, in any direction, and our ONLY 2 choices were satellite and a radio-based system (and that was only after about 6 months here).My kids love Netflix and using the wifi for their phones (since cell service also sucks)...most satellite plans top out around 10 gig a month....Netflix burns 1 to 3 gig an HOUR. Best part, neither Netflix or ATT could tell me how much data we were using in a month.

We went with the radio-based system and for the most part, it has worked out OK.,..even though they're using ATT as carrier for the traffic

I find it funny that Cox and other are always making a big push for new better service, but will not make any sort of investment in rural areas.

Interestingly enough, I have read several laces that the USA has by far the slowest internet speeds in the developed world.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I live in KY and I've had AT&T for a little over 3 years now. Overall I've been reasonably happy with the service. There are some spots where AT&T doesn't get service and Verizon is the "best" for coverage in a lot of areas around here. Where I live now, I get decent cell service. We don't have home internet yet, probably gonna get it in the next month or so. We've been having to rely on cell data for everything. Your post got me curious so I ran a speed test a couple of minutes ago just to see what kind of results I'd get.

Screenshot_20180104-010531.png

As you can see, the download speed isn't bad. The upload could be better. This is 4G LTE in a small rural town. This area only got LTE speed a year or two ago. When it first came online I would get about 30Mbps. 72Mbps is the fastest I've ever got on one of these speed tests. Then again it's 1 AM right now and I haven't tested the speed in the evenings when a lot of people are on the network.

I have a friend who lives in the next town over. He's about 7 or 8 miles away. He has home internet and I've tested on his WIFI and was amazed at how much slower it is. Sometimes it would barely hit 3 or 4Mbps download and my cell would get 20-30Mbps.

Are you using AT&T cellular data or one of their other data services?

As far as customer service is concerned, I haven't really had a problem with them lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor