Intro and Various Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ulinski

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 9, 2015
Hey Guys,

I bought a 78 Malibu a few months ago, and after running a 300hp 350 infront of my 200r4 decided to buy a 406 with trick flow heads and a slightly choppy hydrualic flat tappet. My dad and I swapped in the new engine last week and after drving it a little we've come to the conclusion the trans is shot. It was never right even behind the 350 but now with the torque from the 406 and running it not properly adjusted it needs to be rebuilt. Anyone running a 200r4 behing an engine making 450+ hp/tq? If so, any tips? Also, we bought a 3in x pipe kit from summit and custom bent side dump (behind the rear wheel) tailpipes. Anybody running a similar tailpipe setup in 3in, and if so what muffler offset are you using.

Thanks for your help guys,

Matt

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If you're looking for info on beefing up the 200R4 trans, you might want to check on the turbo Buick websites. Some of those guys are running very strong engines, with properly built up 200R4 transmissions. Just a thought.

shanghaismith

Greasemonkey
Mar 5, 2010
Macon, GA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor