Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
does that mean I can ignore that email you sent me?...... :popcorn:

Yes. No. Maybe. WTF are you talking about?

Seriously, if you don't like the new "Groups" section, just don't visit them. Not understanding the problem.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Maybe I'm an idiot or just not up on things, but how the fock are these spoda work?!?! I can answer a reply or make a post, but when I view the group, crap is in no order whatsoever. I can't tell what is a post, what is a reply, or what is new. You freaking millennia and your fancy pants interwebz.... get off my lawn! Just start a thread or PM me, please; I know how those work!

• Agree

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Maybe I'm an idiot or just not up on things, but how the fock are these spoda work?!?! I can answer a reply or make a post, but when I view the group, crap is in no order whatsoever. I can't tell what is a post, what is a reply, or what is new. You freaking millennia and your fancy pants interwebz.... get off my lawn! Just start a thread or PM me, please; I know how those work!
Need to know what you're looking at it on so I can get an idea of what it looks like to you and how to answer that. When I see the group page on my phone, it can be a little hard to tell what's a top-level post and what are replies to that, I can see that.

I'm probably going to regret this but the "group page" is basically a feed. New posts and replies to it and it just goes on down the page. Replies don't bump those to the top that I can tell. Yes its like that one site that rhymes with FishHook but its how it is.

There is a "discussions" tab that behaves more like a regular forum section, BUT the group admin (not me) has to turn that on first. That's a problem with the software in my opinion, it should be automatic and I'm gonna look to see how that works. Similarly there's a media tab that the group admin has to create an album for

...ok so I tried to reply to one of my group "news feed" posts and nothing is happening? Doesn't seem to be broken for others. I'm gonna have to figure this one out. Maybe that's causing some confusion? I didn't know it was doing that, if I'm not the only one seeing it. Nobody's told me anyway.

TL;DR - It's not perfect, it needs work, but its a start, I'm here to try to help and answer questions and fix stuff if its broken but I need to know it first.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
500/600 posted something in the group. I got a red dot on the bell, and replied 2 or 3 times, back and forth. I get another red dot, and it's some crap that was posted a while ago. I go look for our recent posts, and they're up in the middle of the "thread". This was on a Samsung s10e. Like I said: send me a PM or post a thread.

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I have to look backwards to find new posts at times. This is probably not a good description of the issue, but I don’t know how else to say it

• Agree

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
something's not right bc I can successfully reply to a post in one group but not another, and its tagging some weird message on after... I dunno.

I think maybe the "major" version bump on the core software caused some issues. They "say" the latest version of this addon is compatible but I wonder if there's still some issues. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor