Iowa title stuff for trading vehicles... how do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I may be trading my regal for a 1970 thunderbird, 429, c6 auto, black, etc. but it will be a straight trade. I have no idea how the titles will work out. Has anyone done this before? Plus the guy is from out of state, so that is even more confusing for me.
Any help is appreciated. It's like a 40% chance, but I'd rather know just in case.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
he sells you his car for $X.00 and you sell him your car for $X.00 or visa versa. It depends on how the tax works on a used car in your state. Where I am with a old car we have to get it appraised which you can usually get the appraiser to put on any amount for the value of the car but you have to consider what the insurance company will pay if the car is totalled

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
In Iowa when you sell a car you turn your plates in. That's it. When you go to register the new car they ask how much you paid for it and you pay tax on that amount. You can usually keep your old plates and put them on the new car. There will be some fees with the transfer of titles and plates.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor