irritating noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacebg

n00b
Oct 3, 2017
i have had 2 elkys that have a squeak sounds like steel on glass, sounds like the windshield at the top right over the steering wheel... took the headliner an trim off see absolutely nothing,, anyone else ave this issue? what was the solution?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you have 2 G bodies and this is your first post?.....it'd be nice if you introduce yourself and posted a few pictures. After that put a dab of grease on the hood support near the base of the windshield and that will cure the noise.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

stacebg

n00b
Oct 3, 2017
you have 2 G bodies and this is your first post?.....it'd be nice if you introduce yourself and posted a few pictures. After that put a dab of grease on the hood support near the base of the windshield and that will cure the noise.
ty 4 the info sorry for the noncompliance

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
ty 4 the info sorry for the noncompliance

that is the first time I heard not introducing yourself is noncompliance. GP403 isn't that much of a dictator that an introduction is mandatory....yet....:D

did the dab of grease work?

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Hey Stace--we'd like to see some pics and a little story of your car. This is a great site and we learn from each other's projects.
When I read irritating noise I couldn't help but think of my Wife in the passenger seat.
The rear middle hood support is adjustable to only take up the gap and is greaseable - I used white grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor