Is anyone making speedometer over lays to make make a 120, 130, 140, etc speedometer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I'll sell you my 9C1 cluster....

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
I have several extra speedometer heads and would like to at least duplicate the original 9C1 120 mph speedometer or even make a 140 mph speedometer.

Do anyone know anyone capable of making a stock looking over lay?

Are these circular speedometers pegged? In other words, can the needle spin only to a specific limit, or will it continue to go around the face past the last number? If the needle is not pegged and can continue its way around the dial, perhaps you can just make an overlay decal and stick it to the face of the speedo. Carroll Shelby did this on the 1986/1987 GLHS cars, since their stock 85 MPH speedometers were not pegged. This was an easy, subtle way to increase the readout to 135 MPH:

620233-651-0.jpg

Can you guys do something like this?

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Are these circular speedometers pegged? In other words, can the needle spin only to a specific limit, or will it continue to go around the face past the last number? If the needle is not pegged and can continue its way around the dial, perhaps you can just make an overlay decal and stick it to the face of the speedo. Carroll Shelby did this on the 1986/1987 GLHS cars, since their stock 85 MPH speedometers were not pegged. This was an easy, subtle way to increase the readout to 135 MPH:

620233-651-0.jpg

Can you guys do something like this?
you can always remove the peg, but if the speed o has a trip meter, the reset knob will be in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor