Is anyone using the Jegs transmission crossmember?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I had one that I did have on the frame when I dropped the drive line in. I humps are too close to the trans mount for the down pipes for the manifolds. They designed it around their exhaust kit for our cars. I ended up getting a G-Force crossmember & sold the Jegs one to another member. It is one the lighter square tube crossmembers out there.

Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
I almost used that crossmember on my 82 Bonneville. I actually slid it on and checked the clearance on it. It seemed to fit fine and had at least 1/2” clearance of the floorboard. I was planning on using it on my SBC conversion. But when I went to put my exhaust on, the passenger side cat wasn’t lined up with crossmember. I’m running shorties and the exhaust system was off of my Malibu. I’m sure if your running a new exhaust, this would not be an issue.
timo22

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nov 4, 2012
I am gonna be running a full new exhaust, I'm just gonna drop it off at the exhaust shop and have them put something together. Not sure if I'm gonna run shorty headers or stock manifolds yet, but I'm definitely not gonna run long tube headers.

But if I run a full new exhaust, there should be no issues, correct?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I am gonna be running a full new exhaust, I'm just gonna drop it off at the exhaust shop and have them put something together. Not sure if I'm gonna run shorty headers or stock manifolds yet, but I'm definitely not gonna run long tube headers.

But if I run a full new exhaust, there should be no issues, correct?

perfect plan to have a shop do it, trick is to have the right set up to match the humps and a shop can tweak it to make it work.

Nov 4, 2012
perfect plan to have a shop do it, trick is to have the right set up to match the humps and a shop can tweak it to make it work.

Yeah, that's why I'm not going with long tube headers; to give the exhaust shop a little more room to tweak things. There is a local meineke that is independently owned and the guy does good work for a fair price. I'd rather drop it off with him for a day or two and let him custom fit something together.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have the Jegster under the '82 Elco right now. Fits fine with the little SBC header collectors and 2.25" exhaust pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor