Is anyone using TRZ Motorsports Rear Control Arms for AutoX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
Was looking at cost effective suspension mods, and I seem to be fixated on the heim-joint style rear control arms for autocross related stuff.

TRZ motorsports seems to offer a nice and low cost option, however everyone seems to use their stuff in drag racing. Any one using it for autocross or street driving? Looking for feedback on the products.

Re: Is anyone using TRZ Motorsports Rear Control Arms for Au

Well I'm no pro at this and this is my first time looking at TRZ, but I think this is gonna come down to exactly how much street use you're talking about. They look good enough for track use; that's for sure. But with a regular heim joint I'm told that they don't hold up well to extended street use. Now keep in mind that it's been a long time since I've been shopping for rear CAs so my memory is hazy. I believe I was told that dirt and grit will eventually get into it and damage the bearing surfaces. Not hard for me to imagine driving down a dirty road or highway on a wet day. People like UMI (if you'll allow me to reference them for the millionth time) still sell regular heim joint CAs for track use, but their "grease-able" "roto-joints" and Detroit Speed's "swivel-links" (I believe) were both designed to better hold up to street use. And that's why I chose that style over a regular heim joint.

PS: I vaguely remember that noise from the heim joints (i.e. them becoming squeaky) could have been a factor. Can anyone verify that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor