Is selling GM parts boxes really a thing? WT F'ing F??

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I've seen a lot of things in my life, but I never knew selling old parts boxes that aren't even complete, nor have a part number even on them since the flap is missing was even a thing....I'm going to be careful and save all my parts boxes and sell them separate from the parts I use. People will try and sell anything.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=183453397283

For $99.99 (oh, and you get BOTH boxes!!! Yay) I was expecting some Olds valve covers...but no. Reading the details you only get the boxes. For what? Reminds me sort of like from Tommy Boy...

d5rUb0g.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
But are dated 6-2-69, a must have accessory for any late '69 or early '70 car. I bet a Vette owner will pay double.
I have put way better looking GM boxes into the burn can.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
Weelllllll I just found some NOS scoops still in the box in the back of the pole barn, '68 date on them and shipped to my grandfathers Lincoln Mercury dealership.

Im guessing Cougar Eliminator but have to wait on dad to tell me. You can bet Im factoring that into the price when/if I sell them

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Smells like a shady deal.

DB #1 sells date coded empty boxes for $100 to DB #2, so he can slip in repop valve covers and sell them as 1969 NOS covers for $500. :rant:

My Spidey Sense is tingling!

Hutch

Reactions: 3 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Smells like a shady deal.

DB #1 sells date coded empty boxes for $100 to DB #2, so he can slip in repop valve covers and sell them as 1969 NOS covers for $500. :rant:

My Spidey Sense is tingling!

Hutch
Hmm. Didn't think of that. Probably a good reason I didn't think of that. Because I would never do that. I hope someone inadvertently drops a match on those boxes, accidently. On purpose.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
there is some old guy some where who will pay 500 more for some goofy nos part cause it has the box so yeah, unfortunately that is a thing.
Sigh. What's really ironic is THIS part of the ad:

"If you want to purchase this item, please complete the transaction through eBay. Messages sent with emails or phone numbers for purchases outside eBay will be deleted. When you registered for eBay, this was something you agreed to in the terms, so please abide by it."

OMFG. A DB with a sense of a moral compass. You gotta be sh*ttin' me!

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor