HELP Is the 638 a good block??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasH90

n00b
Jun 24, 2020
So i have a 350 in the monte and i found this casting number of 14093638 on the passanger side rear by the dist. What im asking is this a good motor? I am thinking of a 383 stroker build on it. I am having some troubles finding any info on this motor besides its either a 2 or 4 bolt main, 1 rear main seal, and could be either roller or non roller cam. And they came with either the mech fuel pump or non which i have a mech fuel pump on it now so theres that. Just seeing if anyone if more knowledgeable on these than me and google. All help is appreciated!!!!

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
Very solid 350 block. I don’t think there’s much more to it than what you already said. If I recall the rollers were originally in cars and non rollers in trucks. What did that block come out of?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
when I read the title of this thread I thought finally someone will encourage 565chevy to get out of his rut and go bigger.... :popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Ditto Mac442 how much power were you planing on pulling. You don't really exactly know what you have till you open it up. If you car is still run able you might think about building another engine or even a crate engine with out losing use of your car and you can always sell the engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor