Is the 88 lg4 305 a roller cam motor or flat tappet cam??

Status
Not open for further replies.

King capo

n00b
Oct 21, 2019
Id like to kno if the motor in my kids 88LS monte.carlo is a roller cam motor or a flat tappet cam its stock 305 lg4. Thanks in advanced for the help....

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
In 30 years many cars have been sliced, diced, taped together and repeated several times.

If you wanna know for sure pull a valve cover, slap on a new $3 gasket, and shine a good flashlight down to see what you're dealing with. Lack of extra hardware in there when you open it up would be a good indicator too.

Even if it's a non original motor, numbers running to an early 305 that should be FT, I've seen people waste stupid money because "it's what I had so I'm building it"... so converting even an early model ragged out old base 305 to roller isn't unheard of either, dumb as it is resource-wise.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor