Is there a Fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I have to shove the plug into the back of the cluster just to make SOME lights work. Is there any way to fix this?? Thank yal God bless.

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_195528.jpg
    IMG_20180430_195528.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 200

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
um im not really sure what is the problem but i do know that you can re solder traces on and even use a very small wire. heres a repair i did from one of my burnt out traces but i dont know if this is what your problem is
IMG_3257.JPG

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
What kind of car is it ? I just replaced the printed circuit in my Malibu. I bought a used one but that one had a small defect so I decided to get a new one. Got it from Mikes Montes. I think it was just under $100

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Pull the cluster out. The printed circuit has a number printed on it. Pretty sure theres only two different ones. Call Mikes Montes and get a new one. Real easy to switch out.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
OK the solder didnt work . If I press the plug really hard towards the circuit board then some lights work. Anybody else had this problem before where it's only been the circuit board and not the plug? I'm just hoping I don't buy a new circuit board and my problem still unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor