Is there any places out there that produce G-body Bumpers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 86Limited, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 86Limited

86Limited Master Mechanic

Seems I'm only having luck on Ebay for a decent none dented and somewhat rust free used rear bumper. With tempertures In the 90's I dont want to even attempt a junkyard feild trip now a days. My bumper Is in great shape all but one lower corner where the rust has broke through and Its just killing me looking at It. Is there any places to get a replacement bumper new preferably for an 86 regal out there?

2. 1evilregal

1evilregal Royal Smart Person

you'd probably come out cheaper to buy one from a junkyard and have it rechromed, than buy one one unseen on line, and pay through the nose for shipping.... just my $.02 :|

3. Minion1186

Minion1186 G-Body Guru

Around here(PA)a lot of swap meets like carlisle and allentown meets tend to have this compnay there named bumper bros...or bumper boys,anyway they have a pamplet you can take and under oldsmobile they have 81-88 cutlass.Never bought one form them as they're expensive,i have found good conditioned ones in junkyards and lucked out by getting a muddy one for $15 at a yard

4. 86Limited

I actually went yesterday to a place that does chrome plating, after telling me that they would have to do some re-welding to fix the badly rusted through spots and then re-chrome the cost would be around $700 or so. I nearly choked! I said :wtf: & thanks and was on my way. Ill be hitting some junk yards or Ebay.

5. 86Limited

$15 dollars, man that would be an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Nice find.

6. Blake442

Blake442 Geezer

Be patient until you find a nice clean core, then have it rechromed.

At the restoration shop I worked at for the past several years, we took our bumpers to a place here in St. Paul.
    Bumpers that were twice the size of a G-body bumper were only $500 to have redone, so I imagine that one for a Cutlass or Regal would be considerably less.

7. 1evilregal

1evilregal Royal Smart Person

that's why I said to find a decent one to have rechromed.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.