Is this a normal frame or something custom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_455_cutty

Greasemonkey
Apr 27, 2006
Hutchinson Ks
Havent paid to much attention to how my frame looks since i havent been able to do what I want with it yet but it says its a gbody frame. I know the rear section is cutsom but what about the rest of it? looks like a really nice frame set up

Attachments

• 0602sc_frame_01_z.jpg
    0602sc_frame_01_z.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4,722

dyrt

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2012
Yardville, NJ
That is a very custom frame. I can't be sure but it looks like vette front suspension. definitely a ford 9 inch out back. there was a company working on a frame for these cars, i want to say it was Schwartz or something of the sort. this might be the one. These cars are becoming popular enough for large mods that i would expect to see a few companies doing this in the near future just like they have for old vettes, tri-fives, 20s to 80s trucks, and a-bodies just to name the gm architectures. I bet it costs more than most of these cars are worth.......

85_455_cutty

Greasemonkey
Apr 27, 2006
Hutchinson Ks
Im not sure who makes it i was just doing a search on google images for g body frame and it popped up. Been trying to find out stuff about frame notching and all that.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
It looks more like an Art Morrison frame than a Schwartz to me.

85_455_cutty

Greasemonkey
Apr 27, 2006
Hutchinson Ks
How hard do you think it would be to do something like the middle of the frame for bracing the frame more and the transmission still fitting like it should?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not too hard if you have steel and a welder. It's just a variation on the X-frame Ford used in the '30s.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor