Is wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
What all is needed to wire an ls motor. I have a standalone system and part of the original wire harness.

I am wondering what wires I need from the original wire harness to make this work and how do I connect it all.

6.0, 200-4r setup.

Thank you

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The ability to read a schematic, not be color blind, and using google to find and read the mountain of information posted in the last 20 years on what you just asked.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
From the firewall fuse block - the two large gauge red wires and the purple wire that triggers the starter solenoid. Those are the only wires in the engine harness that I reuse.

Of course you need to leave all of the light/horn/accessories in tact.

Reactions: 2 users

TonyO

Apprentice
Dec 3, 2022

Tons of good info on there, it’s gotten me through 2 ls swaps using the factory harness and I use a universal fuse/relay box.

Reactions: 1 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
From the firewall fuse block - the two large gauge red wires and the purple wire that triggers the starter solenoid. Those are the only wires in the engine harness that I reuse.

Of course you need to leave all of the light/horn/accessories in tact.
Thank you

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
Lt1swap.com and youtube should get it done for the most part. Once you get started if you get stuck come back here with questions

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Lt1swap.com and youtube should get it done for the most part. Once you get started if you get stuck come back here with questions
That's exactly what I did. I was stumped and that's why I asked the question and 64 Nail head answered it perfectly for me.

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
That's exactly what I did. I was stumped and that's why I asked the question and 64 Nail head answered it perfectly for me.
Wasn’t trying to be an *ss hope You didn’t take it that way. You can also keep the wire off the distributor as your key on power.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Eh I might sound that way but honestly with how much info it out there nowadays, no excuse to be asking the basic stuff. You can tell by these posts who doesn't do research and wants a hand out.

Props to you all that want to give the time to help the lazy, if I wanted to spoon feed someone I'd have had kids.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Eh I might sound that way but honestly with how much info it out there nowadays, no excuse to be asking the basic stuff. You can tell by these posts who doesn't do research and wants a hand out.

Props to you all that want to give the time to help the lazy, if I wanted to spoon feed someone I'd have had kids.
I searched. Wasn't looking for spoon feeding. Just help. It may seem like basic to you, bit it wasn't to me. I could understand if I asked what size wheels are on my car. I hope you never need help from someone for what they think is basic, that you think is difficult. Thanks for your unneeded two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor