Is wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I searched. Wasn't looking for spoon feeding. Just help. It may seem like basic to you, bit it wasn't to me. I could understand if I asked what size wheels are on my car. I hope you never need help from someone for what they think is basic, that you think is difficult. Thanks for your unneeded two cents.
You didn't search long enough and hard enough, there is so much information out there that many of us have put out there so start looking for it instead of looking for the handout. Unless you're that type of person..

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I'll break it down..

If you have a "standalone" harness you'll have some form of diagram with it. If not, get a multimeter and figure out what is what and compare it to LS Engine Wiring Schematics. Find the schematic that's been posted on here a few billion times on how the G Body car is setup and how them circuits work, and connect it based on what needs to go where. Should be pretty intuitive on if something is 12v constant that it needs 12v constant, etc.

We can sit here all day and give "advice" but we aren't there looking at what you have in your hands and we don't know what is on the car. So yea, really is up to you and your brain capability to get the schematics, tools, and figure it out. If you can't wire hopefully you're good with a fire extinguisher.

That's the best answer for this.

Reactions: 1 user

trav1069

n00b
Feb 16, 2023
Eh I might sound that way but honestly with how much info it out there nowadays, no excuse to be asking the basic stuff. You can tell by these posts who doesn't do research and wants a hand out.

Props to you all that want to give the time to help the lazy, if I wanted to spoon feed someone I'd have had kids.
Maybe you might wanna know what your talking about before you let your mud flap run .....I think these forums were made to trade info , to share your passion for something like my 79 Landau! I work about 60 hrs a week... Anyways don't be an ignorant person ! We have plenty of those running around. Good day. And yes I'm the guy with the cut out fusebox

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Maybe you might wanna know what your talking about before you let your mud flap run
Maybe you want to know who you're talking to before your mudflap runs more than you can back it...

This info is here, in front of your faces, so go see your eye doc.

And yes I'm the guy with the cut out fusebox
Now, when you pull your foot out of the hole your mudflaps are around, crawl under the dash of your car and use this...

FIRE WALL BULKHEAD.jpg

I've been out of pocket all weekend on my tech diagrams, but I'll be here all night, princess. Get back to me.

With love....😘

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
always sunny bring it down a notch GIF by hero0fwar

not everybody even knows *how* to use sites like this, let alone exactly what they're searching for. The forum has been down this road before. Don't be that guy.

Neither was anyone born with a wrench in their hand. There was a time when you didn't know.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
I completely agree why I took the time to post all that info collectively in one post you made a sticky so people can one-stop click on it and boom info overload. That's for the non googlers to get to a place that can have a ton of info.

That info I put there I've used as well as others referred to me to put in as credible, why I've included it. To this day it works.

Maybe I'm just me, I start looking before asking. The internets is endless..that and the sticky sections of forums has that info. I still have a few up in LS1Tech from about 15 years ago or so.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I completely agree why I took the time to post all that info collectively in one post you made a sticky so people can one-stop click on it and boom info overload. That's for the non googlers to get to a place that can have a ton of info.

That info I put there I've used as well as others referred to me to put in as credible, why I've included it. To this day it works.

Maybe I'm just me, I start looking before asking. The internets is endless..that and the sticky sections of forums has that info. I still have a few up in LS1Tech from about 15 years ago or so.
Hey, the guy is looking help, not insults. And I’ve been there - it’s f’in annoying having someone talk over your head and belittling me because I’m ignorant to the concept.

Or you could choose to guide them to the solution.

You don’t know what you’ve never been exposed to. It’s not a slam to be called ‘ignorant’ if you dealing with something that you’ve never encountered. That’s how and why we learn.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Hey, the guy is looking help, not insults. And I’ve been there - it’s f’in annoying having someone talk over your head and belittling me because I’m ignorant to the concept.

Or you could choose to guide them to the solution.

You don’t know what you’ve never been exposed to. It’s not a slam to be called ‘ignorant’ if you dealing with something that you’ve never encountered. That’s how and why we learn.
I'm gonna break this down...

Person comes looking for "help"... asks the vaguest stuff they can:

"How do I wire my car for an LS Engine?"

This is what goes through my head since I've wired over 4 dozen of them...

1. What do they have in front of them: is it complete, still stock, modified, hacked, burnt.. etc. What are they trying to install as a "stand alone" and the quality of that. I've seen some hacked crap over the years.

2. How can I explain to them how to do it that is on their knowledge level because it seems 10% of the internet can read a schematic. That and some people are colorblind.

3. How can I convey my message with the feelings of others, because honestly with all the help I've given over the years that answers the above two steps, it's hard for me to fckn care. People come asking time after time again and again the same damn stuff that's been beat into the GROUND by guys like me who put it up and detailed it in very technical posts. Plot twist.. we didn't have to post anything of the sort, could have very easily went along life not contributing to the "community" at all.. 🤔

4. I put in my time to start explaining it, person checks out or doesn't listen. Refer to step 3 at this point.

So yea, all ya'll come on, every one of you, chastise me for being my way. I stand behind the above.

Last edited:

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach

Person comes looking for "help"... asks the vaguest stuff they can:

"How do I wire my car for an LS Engine?"

This is what goes through my head since I've wired over 4 dozen of them...

1. What do they have in front of them: is it complete, still stock, modified, hacked, burnt.. etc. What are they trying to install as a "stand alone" and the quality of that. I've seen some hacked crap over the years.

2. How can I explain to them how to do it that is on their knowledge level because it seems 10% of the internet can read a schematic. That and some people are colorblind.

3. How can I convey my message with the feelings of others, because honestly with all the help I've given over the years that answers the above two steps, it's hard for me to fckn care. People come asking time after time again and again the same damn stuff that's been beat into the GROUND by guys like me who put it up and detailed it in very technical posts. Plot twist.. we didn't have to post anything of the sort, could have very easily went along life not contributing to the "community" at all.. 🤔

4. I put in my time to start explaining it, person checks out or doesn't listen. Refer to step 3 at this point.

So yea, all ya'll come on, every one of you, chastise me for being my way. I stand behind the above.
I'll make a point as well in reference to the above.

I explained my thoughts logically and clearly, which may be a surprise to some.

I watched many of you all experience what I just talked about with the whole Tyan situation where someone comes along asking for stuff, after you take your time explaining it they do the complete opposite so you facepalm yourself hard enough to dent the back of your skull.

I'm saying what most won't say, because that's me, and I'm not wrong.

And with all that being said of all the "men" here, not one will see what I'm saying just because it's me saying it, and I said what "shouldn't be said" eventhough most think it. Oh and somewhere in there is "feelings"...I won't hear a peep back.

Yup you wonder why I'm the way I am.

Last edited:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO

Allow me.

All you're doing is justifying why you think its OK to come here and insult and belittle people who are asking for help, bc it helps you sleep at night.

I'm here to tell you to stop doing it on this site. idgaf how much other people annoy you with their question asking and whatever. doesn't give you a license to be jerk to people, and more importantly doesn't give you any license to do it here on the site. People are starting to complain, and I agree.

I say the forum has been here before (the site's old enough to vote this month, let it sink in) a few times. "omg we always get the same questions and its annoying. why are people so dumb. blah blah I'm such a fkn g-body expert i've been here a while i can do what i want..."

The site exists to help people who need help with their car. And other reasons, but mainly that. I started it bc one didn't exist and *I* needed help with my car. I've learned a lot in 18y and I hope a ton of other people have as well.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor