It is getting serious now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Today I changed the trans filter and fluid. I get the trans jack tomorrow and hopefully this time there are no glitches getting it in, but I am used to two steps forward and one step back! I still cannot install the 3/8" head intake bolt, so I decided to punt again., I think I will get the studs and see if that helps. It should not be this GD hard Edelbrock. I wish there was another source! I have a 4 day weekend so I am hoping to make some significant headway. I have the pulleys and fan on now and the radiator is in. I found I cannot use the V6 shroud after all, or alter it to fit. The clutch fan and blades simply do not have clearance. So now I am looking for an Olds V8 shroud. The alternative is electric fans, an expense I was trying to avoid. I plan to get the vacuum lines on the manifold. Since I am using cables instead of vacuum for the heater, I need to find a plug for where the shut-off valve goes. The trans lines go on as soon as the trans is secured. It looks like a TH350 will be in my future as I finally figured out I have a TH 250C, not a TH 350C. A lot of people gave me wrong info even with the pics I posted. It is going in, but from what I've been told it won't hold up. So my way over budget build takes another major hit! I bought a transgo kit, but no use for it now. I bought the wrong hoses either for a Cutlass or El Camino because I refused to buy a new radiator. I can't wait to see if the starter and distributor fit. Still on my list of things to finish this project is upholstery, exhaust system, and tires. I think I may have another year of waiting to drive it. I guess I need to buy a lottery ticket! It was fun and exciting at the start and through the engine build, but now it is a grind and I am not seeing enough progress to want to stay at it. Almost a full year and I still am not even close to starting it.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Glad that you’re still at it, sometimes it gets frustrating when it doesn’t go according to plan... 2 things that I think most of us have found is that schedule and budget are the first things that are shot to hell. My regal started off as a “quick repaint prep” somewhere around 16 years ago, and quickly tailspinned from there.

This is what it looks like as of last weekend:
6F931597-4D98-4982-B073-9EFFFD0BDF82.jpeg

Sometimes a break can be beneficial, and sometimes it can be the final nail in the coffin, only you can decide. If you decide to keep at it, we’re here to help to keep you motivated!

Reactions: 1 user

Oldscarnut

Greasemonkey
May 10, 2017
NW Washington State
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am 67 so I don't have 16 years of driving left in me, but I will keep plugging away if only to get it sellable.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I stopped working on mine for years. Then slowly got back into it. Ended up doing a frame replacement which went from a month project with a spare frame, already notched, cleans painted, with all new stainless lines, and suspension, and yet still took over two years. I managed to blow a disc in my back out and had back surgery the just didn't want to work on anything. Most important thing is to keep plugging away at it. Even if it's just picking up tools, and cleaning parts which doesn't cost anything. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor